A few articles and blog posts and the the like from around the web about the Gurteen Knowledge Café.
- Gurteen Knowledge: 10 Years in KM*
In June 2010, at the annual KM UK conference in London, the Ark Group awarded me a Lifetime achievement award for services to KM. As part of this award they also published this special booklet in recognition of my work.
- Why conversation is the best way to share knowledge*
This is a blog post by David Wilcox about a special Knowledge Café I ran for the UK Cabinet Office in September 2013 where I invited Civil Servants from a range of Whitehall departments to The Treasury for a couple of hours to address the question: “How can we more actively share knowledge within the workplace?”
- Sugar rush at the Knowledge Café*
This article by Joanna Goodman describes an open Knowledge Café that I ran for Cadbury in Bourneville in August 2009.
- How was it for you?*
This is a blog post written by Tony Jameson-Allen in June 2008 where he describes the impact that two of my open London Knowledge Cafés had on him.
- Several short blog posts about London Knowledge Cafés*
Matthew Rees has been coming to my open London Knowledge Cafés for many years and he has blogged about many of them. There are 17 blog posts here stretching back to December 2006.
- What is thinking – a London Gurteen Knowledge Café*
A blog post by Ron Donaldson about one my open London Knowledge Café with Richard McDermot as guest speaker in February 2011.
- Highest Knowledge Café ever?*
A blog post by Ron Donaldson about a special Knowledge Café I ran in London for BT at the top of the BT Tower in February 2009.
- Knowledge Cafés – understanding the transformative power of conversation*
Louise Auckland shares her experiences of attending a David Gurteen Knowledge Café in London in July 2014.
- Gurteen Knowledge Cafes | Light Touch Learning*
Norman Lamont blogs about my Knowledge Cafés in June 2011 after attending one of my workshops at the University of Edinburgh.
- Exploring the Gurteen Knowledge Café approach as an innovative teaching for learning strategy with first-year engineering students*
Prof. Deonarain Brijlall of the Durban University of Technology in South Africa has adapted my Café concept as a teaching methodology.
- Cloudy with a hint of fog*
Conrad Taylor writes about one of my open London Knowledge Cafés hosted by Core in April 2015.
- On Café Conversations, Connections & Collaboration*
Andrew Armour blogging in June 2011 about my Knowledge Cafés.
- Are You In The Conversation Business?*
Andrew Armour blogging in August 2011 about my Knowledge Cafés once again.
- Stimulating Conversation And The Marketing Café*
Andrew Armour blogging in June 2012 about his about Marketing Café that was inspired by my work.
- Gurteen-Style Knowledge Cafes: An Alternative Approach To Learning And Networking*
An interview with the Singapore Management University in August 2008 about my Knowledge Cafés.
This page is part of an online book on Conversational Leadership that I am in the process of writing.
Access is currently restricted.
You can learn more on the